Our commercial law team tackles legal issues facing large companies, institutions, and small businesses.
Our clients operate across a broad range of industries such as manufacturing, television, and farming, and service sectors such as business, finance, education, and health.
Because we are in business ourselves we appreciate the needs of business people and we gear our responses accordingly. We realise the importance of speed and accuracy because we understand the commercial world.
Our team of commercial lawyers in both Dunedin and Wanaka have the knowledge and experience to ensure that commercial law transactions are handled efficiently and with an approach best suited to each client’s requirements.
We deal with all aspects of company law, commercial law and intellectual property law such as:
- Commercial leases
- Company constitution issues
- Confidentiality issues
- Corporate restructuring
- Directors’ duties
- Land transactions and rural subdivisions
- Passing off and the Fair Trading Act
- Pastoral and renewable leases
- Personal property security issues
- Planning for succession
- Sales of businesses
- Sales of commercial and rural property
- Share issues
- Shareholders’ remedies
- Statutory reporting requirements
- Technology licensing and commercialisation
- Tenure review